PICE is a project funded by the European Social Fund, targeted at unemployed people.
PICE will train personnel for employment in the care sector in North Hampshire. The occupations targeted will be those in the social care sector that are hard to fill, such as: care assistants, care workers, home carers workers and self-employed independent carers (PAs).
HWS will work in partnership with: residential care homes, nursing homes, employment agencies, adult services, community organisations and other stakeholders to develop and bring forward potential workers who might not otherwise have considered care as an employment destination.
PICE will deliver 5 key components:
– Common Induction Standards and components of the New! Care Certificate (CC)
– Understanding Health Improvements (UHI) focused in public health messages
– Being a Self-Employed Independent Carer (IC)
– A ‘Job Board’ to promoting real and appealing vacancies
– Support with Job applications for the unemployed or people entering the care sector.
Click here for the April Job Board: PICE – Job Board – Jan 15
Also, see the Hampshire County Council website for vacancies: http://www3.hants.gov.uk/changelives/howdoiapply.htm